Free Patterns

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A little piecing for practice

It's been a while since I followed a pattern and made a pieced top so I thought I would give it a try, just to see if I remember how to do it. It's turned out pretty good, had to change the block layout but that's how it goes. I am liking the disappearing nine block and how fast and easy it was


to get a scrappy 30" x 40" pieced top together. The fabrics are a layer cake with some extra squares from the border and binding fabrics that I had. I like the rich, bright color pallet. Now for some borders and you guessed it APPLIQUES!! I have a flower idea, with some small bias vines and a bee hive or bird feeder ideas - I feel a new pattern coming on :)




I had the chance to visit a friend yesterday and take a few pictures of her finished table runner. It is a Scrappy Irish Chain project, adapted with applique. It is a beautiful pattern and is so much easier that a completely pieced, more traditional block. We started it a a while back now but it is done, a first quilting project. I think it looks lovely and suits her table very well. Such great color choices as well. She even enjoyed the hand stitching to secure the binding. Overall a quilting success, congratulations!

My girls and I had some fun in the front yard yesterday, the lighting was magical and the girls are cute even in the dark, no bias I am just their mom.




Happy Quilting.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Lovely D9P - great colors. It's one of my favorite patterns.