Free Patterns

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jet Lag and Applique Quilts

As a newbie to trans Atlantic trips that jet lag thing hit me like a ton of bricks. Whew, glad that's over. My girls and I are getting our grove back and things are looking like the beginning of summer in our corner of the planet. We are looking forward to a good and safe long weekend at home with a to-do list as long as your arm.
So my machine was so over due for a service it was sad really, so she is off for a spa day and should be back soon, good as new. For now I am toying with a Dresden plate, English paper pieced and I found some mylar templates that worked quite nice for my first attempt. I love the hand sewn projects but time, boy they take time.

I found a wonderful charity quilt pattern that I simply must try it looks so good. Then I did a little digging and it is a disappearing nine patch block pattern. Then I went looking for layout ideas, the sky is the limit but that was a favorite. So I am off to bed with dreams of tomorrow and a great day with my ladies in the studio and a disappearing nine block top to show for it.
Happy Quilting

No comments: